Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Thursday 24 February 2011

Patch ticks

When we were in Trinidad I received a kind text from Andrew C about a Smew at Gimingham.  Much to my surprise it seems it was still there as an update message came through on 18th.  I managed to miss it that night but found it the next day along with a splendid drake Goosander, the first I'd seen on the deck locally.  Smew was a great claw back though, particularly as I thought my best chance was one flying past at sea, difficult to connect with.
The 20th saw us chasing a pigeon in Oxfordshire but the following day I connected with the 3 Whooper Swans between Roughton and Hanworth, well outside my usual birding area but inside the 10K square by quite a margin.  Desperate stuff but I haven't yet been able to catch up with either wild swan species flying through - memo to self: get out more! And take a camera - you've got enough of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment