Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Saturday 30 January 2010

The last few days

Monday 26th, I photographed the Tundra Bean, as well as its new friend and also its potential downfall, a pair of Foxes, at Sidestrand which was pleasing, but still no sign of the Bittern, presumably long gone.


After lunch acting on a tip I checked out the 20 or so Bramblings near Roughton and some more near Felbrigg, both with Linnets and Chaffinches

27th
A party of Grey Partridge flew across the main Mundesley - Southrepps road for an excellent year tick

28th
Cley was cold and uninteresting until a party of Pinkfeet came straight in off the sea with 9 Barnacle Geese tagged on, which surely must be good.  The only other item of interest was a new female Marsh Harrier but whether she stops or not remains to be seen.  I took the camera but only managed a few unexciting shots of Moorhen and that local photographic favourite, Black-tailed Godwit.

29th
A run round in the intermittent blizzards got colour-ringed Marsh Tit, some Siskins and a couple of Treecreepers for the year at Sculthorpe.  Only one Brambling there  and a couple of claimed Redpolls however, but there was yet another Water Rail under the feeder by the wardens hut.

The pair of Scaup at Wells would have been photographable were it not for the driving snow so I gave up and went for a late lunch at Cley en rote home.

No comments:

Post a Comment