Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Friday 5 March 2010

3rd/4th March

Sunshine and calm winds and thoughts turn to birding, but first, there was a moth in the trap wednesday morning, just a Chestnut but welcome nonetheless.

With reasonably recent information on them I thought I'd try and get some shots of the Waxwings in N.Walsham Sainsburys car park.  Three birds showed well if a bit aginst the light, but I managed a shot or two.  Why I haven't done so before is beyond me as there have been a lot locally over the last 3 years including some in the garden.
Waxwing, N Walsham

The rest of the day was less successful, with no sign of the Glaugc at Sheringham and no birds at all along the entrance road to Felbrigg.

Thursday and before I went to Cley I tried again for the Glauc, which was sitting distantly on one of the red lampshades off Sheringham front.

Following on from Wednesday's theme, another bird I've not photographed before were the Snow Bunts at Salthouse.  Trying to avoid the crowds there is a bit of a challenge but I mangaed some distant shots before it got too busy - for me, the birds seemed fine.
Snow Bunting at Salthouse

Then to Cley where a few birds have started to arrive, most notably Avocets and the first Ruff I've seen since the ground froze. Shelducks were starting to look splendid as were the Teal and Gadwall in front of the hides so it would have been rude not to photograph them. Most of the day was spent talking dragonflies however - only a month or so to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment