Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Wednesday 12 May 2010

12th May 2010

More cold northerly winds but the weather was mostly sunny so did a couple of trips out either side of lunch. After photographing small long horned moths (which I need to identify) at East Runton, a visit to Beeston Common produced my first dragon of the year, a Large Red Damsel as well as Green veined White.

Large Red Damsel
Trimingham in the afternoon was cold but a sheltered patch inside the wood had a couple of very fresh Green Hairstreaks amongst a swarm of St Marks flies, so the lack of birds was slightly compensated for.


Green Hairstreak
The local Swallows look well fed though in the shelter of the hedgerow and there seem to be lots of Blackcaps and Whitethroats around generally, so the birds aren’t all staying put round the Med!

No comments:

Post a Comment