Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Saturday 1 May 2010

28th/29th April

28th April


One of those days which made me glad to have moved to Norfolk. After a couple of days of steady migration locally, a phone call took me to Sheringham where a fair selection of migrants had arrived including two Ring Ouzels, 50+ Wheatears, several flava wags and odd Garden and Sedge Warblers, Lesser Whitethroats, Whinchats and lots of Whitethroats. The Hoopoe took longer to locate but showed well enough while icing on the cake were the three Common Cranes and two Red Kites which drifted west.

More butterflies are about with Holly Blue, Orange Tip and Speckled Wood seen in the last few days while moths on 28th/20th included two Streamers (our second and third locally) and a Herald.

29th April

Cley was pretty good on my day there with two distant Wood Sands, several Common Sands, Whinchat, two Blue-headed Wags with a few Yellows, more Wheatears and stacks of singing Sedge Warblers. No sign of any groppers though and moths in the trap were quite poor. Flowering Alexanders were attracting a variety of insect life including plenty of St Marks flies and some distinctive wasps (see below) and bees I’ve yet to identify

St Marks Fly and Wasp sp, Cley

No comments:

Post a Comment