Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Sunday 9 May 2010

6th-9th May 2010

More cold northerly winds and not much to see, though I did at least get half decent views of the three Temmincks Stints at Cley on 6th. Mothing is chronic with between nil and 6 moths in the trap and there are few butterflies about. The local Early Purple Orchids mostly look a little stunted this year, perhaps as a result of the cold winter (?) and I did manage to find a photographable Orange tip braving the cold, windy conditions. Roll on spring (again)!

Early Purple Orchid and Orange tip

No comments:

Post a Comment