Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Tuesday 14 December 2010

Autumn 2010

Back from nearly a month in New Zealand, returning to cold weather, waxwings and an apparent Northern Harrier at Thornham.  The blog got kinda forgotten in the autumn with so much going on locally and across Norfolk generally.  Patch-wise I only saw Yellow broweds, a wryneck, a Monties in-off, the Cromer Red backed Shrike and some nice seabirds including both storm petrel spp, a couple of long-tailed skuasand sooty shears, a grey phal or two and a smattering of poms.  I didn't catch up with Andy B's probable Citrine and the Bluetail at Trimingham was suppressed from all of us locally by a well-known Norfolk birder who doubtless had his reasons.


Bluetail, Weybourne
I did venture out a bit seeing Arctic and Barred warblers at Holme, Bluetail at Weybourne, the BOS Pallas's (how did they find each other) a couple of Richards and GG Shrikes at Sheringham and of course the empid flycatcher - my boots took a week to dry out but I think (!) it was worth it.  Cley was mostly subdued during my visits there but the American Golden Plover was good and a bit of encouragement to check the local fields.  Not being a great bird photographer and finding their insistence in standing at the front tiresome I didn't get any shots of worth but I'll break out the old gear and give it a go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment