Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Thursday 16 December 2010

Last few days

On Sunday it seemed about time to catch up with the Northern Harrier, but I first stopped at the triangle at Burnham Overy Staithe looking for Rough-legs.  No sign but a very pale Common Buzzard got the assembled birders going briefly, as did a weird harrier, rufous below, dark above with grey on outer upper wings and no obvious white rump which came out from Holkham and set off for Burnham Norton.  No diea at all and no chance for photos so this could remain a mystery.

On to Titchwell just in time to miss the apparent Northern Harrier at midday.  Lots odf stuff to see ther whilst waiting, including Water Pipit, Whoopers and a couple of Spot Reds.  the Harrier eventually showed well but looked a bit odd - I've now been told its got a broken leg.


Again, no shots but I retrieved the camera from the car for robins in the car park and sunset at Burnham mill, both slightly tweaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment