Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Tuesday 11 January 2011

10th Jan 2011

Spent a couple of hours in the company of the U3A digital photography club at Wells East Quay doing some non-nature photography, which makes a change.  The lunchtime sunshine helped to brighten otherwise flat light and mopst of us got shots which were worth it, just!


Curlew, Wells Quay
 I couldn't resist taking an opportune snap of this Curlew though, even it does prove the point that bird photography requires more patience than I've got.  Bring on the orchids, butterflies and other  insects of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment