Pages

We moved from Essex to North Norfolk in August 2006 and I have spent a lot of time since then photographing the nature around me, mostly close up and macro stuff. My "patch" is the 10Km square TG2035 though I spend most time between Overstrand, where we live, and Trimingham.



I also bird regularly elsewhere in Norfolk and volunteer at Cley.





I have a photo site at
http://overstrandnature.fotopic.net/ but wanted a bit more detail so I thought I'd have a go at a blog detailing what I see locally, as well as on trips abroad

Most of the photos have been taken with Canon digital equipment, or the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I still however mostly use a camera to record what I see, rather than set out to photograph something.


Thursday 6 January 2011

Of Bugs birds and the New Year

Just my luck.  Having not had any real illness since we retired here 4 years ago, 2 come along at once!
A walk round Cley on 30th Dec to shake off a virus from over Xmas was interesting with Water Rail, Purple Sand and Lap Bunt (west over Arnolds) while Arnolds itself had healthy numbers of waders - would have been superb in the autumn like that!
New Year came with a potter up the coast to Cley followed by fireworks at Cromer and a gathering of friends at home.  The next day started well with 8 waxwings dropping in at Sidestrand but went downhill rapidly with the sudden onset of winter vomiting virus, followed by several days confined to in front of the TV when not asleep.  I did manage to get to see the American Wigeon courtesy of my wife today so now I've got one on my county list I don't have to fret too much again.
Hopefully more fully out and about tomorrow and I may even find the camera to take with me

No comments:

Post a Comment